MSN-TV ONLY HELP PAGES
UPLOADING IMAGES FROM EMAIL
And giving it a URL that you can send or transload.
This involves 4 basic steps.
1. While the entire email with the attachment is on your screen, click "Scrapbook" in the sidebar.
2. A pop-up will appear, click "Add to Scrapbook".
3. A new pop-up will appear to confirm the upload. Click "View Scrapbook".
1. Click "Create" in the sidebar.
2. Click on your choice of background for the page. (there are several pages of choices. Use the buttons at the top to see the next page of bg choices.
3. Click "Add an item".
4. Click "Picture".
5. Click "From Scrapbook".
6. Click on the pic you just uploaded.
1. Click "Publish" in the sidebar.
2. Type in your page title. (Keep this short and only one word. This entry will become the filename for this page and will be part of the URL.)
3. Skip the description box and click "Publish" The checkbox for public listing is optional. If left checked, this page will show in your public index listing.
4. The next page will show the URL for your page at the top and looks like this;
This is the URL for the html page you created. You can use this URL to send the page to others.
To get the URL for the image you will need two things; the page URL and the image filename. To get the image filename, do this:
Go back to your sidebar and click on "Scrapbook". If you don't see the Scapbook there, then click on "Index", then on "Scrapbook". When you see your scrapbook on the screen, then click on the image you just made the page for. Look at your title bar at the bottom of the screen and you will see the filename for the image such as "mailedD2_jpg". Make a note of this.
Now go back and get the page URL and add the image directory and filename to it . The directory name is "/scrapbookFiles/" and is preceded and followed by a slash mark.
If the page URL was
then you would change it to
Notice the underscore in the image filename just before "jpg" is changed to a period. Now you have the complete URL for the image so you can send or transload it.